Tickets, Buttons + Passes
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
READ ME FIRST:
The Visa Button ($5 min. donation): Your Festival Membership
Since 100% of the ticket price you pay goes directly to the performers, the Visa Button helps Intrepid Theatre cover the cost of producing the festival. A Visa Button is REQUIRED for each ticket holder (except for FamilyFest Fringe shows). Buy a button at the door of any Fringe venue, or at the Ticket Rocket’s Fringe Central (Fisgard at Blanshard). You can’t buy them online. Don’t lose it, or you’ll have to buy another! Kids 12 and under don’t need Visa Buttons.
Visa Buttons are $5. We haven’t raised the price since 2000! If you love the Fringe and are able to pay more than $5 to keep the Fringe going strong and help make the festival affordable for everyone, consider making a donation on top of your $5 minimum button price with your purchase.
- All tickets are general admission – there is no reserved seating.
- At the door tickets go on sale one hour before showtime. Venue doors usually open about 10 minutes prior to showtime, and shows start on time.
- NO LATECOMERS WILL BE ADMITTED, even if you have a ticket.
- Each ticketholder 13+ years must have a Fringe Visa Button to enter.
- No exchanges or refunds on Fringe tickets or passes.
AT THE DOOR: At least 50% of the tickets to each show will be on sale at the door of the venue 60 minutes prior to showtime. Cash or Passes only. You may have to line up before tickets go on sale for popular shows. Popular shows sell out quickly – if you really want to see a show, buy an advance ticket online or go early in the run, before the frenzy sets in.
IN ADVANCE: There is a $2 convenience charge on each advance ticket purchased by phone, or in person at Ticket Rocket’s Fringe Central or online. If you get tickets in advance, you can pick them up at Ticket Rocket’s Fringe Central, open Noon – 7PM daily from August 20 (1609 Blanshard at Fisgard).
ONLINE: Buy tickets or Festival passes online! Online advance tickets are available up until 3 hours prior to show time. All online tickets incur a $2 ticket surcharge.
BY PHONE: Call the Ticket Rocket Fringe Hotline: 250-590-6291. On sale before the Fringe from 2PM – 6PM, Tues to Sat and Noon – 7PM daily during the Fringe. All advance tickets incur a $2 ticket surcharge.
TICKET ROCKET’S FRINGE CENTRAL: For in-person advance tickets, or to pick up your phone or on-line orders. Opens from August 20, Noon to 7PM daily. Located at 1609 Blanshard at Fisgard, next to Serious Coffee. Tickets are available here until 3 hours prior to show time.
$55 (HST Included)
5-show Munchcards are available in person through Ticket Rocket’s Fringe Central, by phone (250 590 6291), or online. We accept Visa and MasterCard. Use your Munchcard to get convenience-charge-free advance tickets from the Fringe Central (in-person only) up to 3 hours prior to the show, or at the door. You can share a Munchcard with friends to get multiple tickets to one show, but you will each need your own Visa Button (not included!).>>BUY YOURS NOW!
Frequent Fringer Discount Pass
$80.40 (HST Included)
The Frequent Fringer Pass a ten-show discount munchcard is truly the best way to experience the festival and catch all those must-see shows. Only one person can use it, and it is not valid for advance tickets – only at the door. The bargain pass costs $80.40 (note, Visa Buttons are not included with the pass) and there are only 200 available! On sale now ONLINE, at Ticket Rocket’s Fringe Central (Fisgard at Blanshard) or by phone (250 590 6291). >>BUY ONLINE NOW
FamilyFest Fringe Munchcard
$35 (HST included)
The FamilyFest Munchcard gets you 5 tickets to any FamilyFest Fringe show. Only valid for the four FamilyFest shows. Passes available in advance or at the venue. Shareable and can be used by adults and children alike! Visa Buttons not required for these shows only. >>BUY ONLINE NOW
Kids at the Fringe
- We recommend the free FringeKids Fest on Saturday, August 25 in Market Square for families and Fringers under 12 years.
- Most ticketed shows at the Fringe are adult-oriented. The shows at the FamilyFest Fringe are specifically suitable for young children and families. Call Fringe Central for details of kid-friendly shows – 250 590 6291.
- Performers include suitability ratings/warnings in their show descriptions.
- Children 12 and under do not need a Fringe Visa Button. Adults and children DO NOT need a Visa Button for any FamilyFest Fringe show.
- Shows rated ALL AGES may not be suitable for young children.
- Performers have the right to enforce an ADULTS ONLY or 14+ rating.
- Small children and babes-in-arms require tickets, and will not be admitted at Adults Only events.
- Minors may not be admitted to licensed Venue 1.
- Check out this Island Parent article about Fringing for Families.